Eth News and Links
Mainnet execution layer
- Latest core devs call. Notes from Tim Beiko:
- EIP1559 – adding explicit constraints to prevent attacks using arbitrarily large transactions, new devnet Calaveras
- Unofficial London mainnet date now July 28 due to EIP1559 changes
- Gas DoS protection discussion – separate transaction pool to guard against execution attacks
- EIP3584 – add access lists to blocks
- EthereumJS releases (VM, Tx, Block and others) for London/EIP1559
- Erigon (formerly TurboGeth) adds pruning node options: <500GB with block history, ~100GB without block history
- Samczsun found a way for an attacker to make fast-synced Geth nodes fork off mainnet
Proof of stake consensus layer
This newsletter is made possible thanks to NEAR’s Aurora EVM and Bridge!
Aurora is an Ethereum Layer-2 protocol that provides developers and users a seamless experience of Ethereum on top of NEAR Protocol: a scalable, developer-friendly blockchain platform for decentralized applications. Aurora’s design allows base fees to be paid in ETH or other ERC-20s and enables all existing ETH wallets and other tools to work out of the box. Users don’t even need to leave their MetaMask wallet while using Aurora.
The Aurora environment consists of the Aurora Engine, a high performance EVM, and the Aurora Bridge, facilitating trustless transfer of ETH and ERC20 tokens between Ethereum and Aurora, within a seamless, familiar user experience. Join top ETH projects such as 1inch & DODO in building the multi-chain future. Start using Aurora to scale your Ethereum project now.
Stuff for developers
- mistX: gasless dex built on FlashBots; transaction fee charged as part of swap
- BackRunMe: use Bloxroute to send transactions privately and if the transaction creates a backrunning opportunity, then you get 25% share of the backrunning profit
- Gitcoin’s DAO for fund allocation, matching pools, and grant collusion; airdrop claimers select delegate prior to receiving tokens
- Non-transferrable (initially) governance token by Ribbon Finance to ensure only used for governance
- Selling music in the streaming era: (pre release) canon – 1/1, collectible – 1/n, streaming – 1/∞
- NFT multisender: send multiple ERC721/ERC1155 tokens in a transaction
- Pilot of weather index insurance with 10k smallholder farmers in Kenya
Want your job listing here? $345 per line (~75 character limit including spaces), payable in ETH (or 345 DAI or 345 USDC) to abcoathup.eth. Questions? abcoathup at-gmail
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum News,” then please put it on an Ethereum subreddit; emails/DMs are not part of the workflow.
Permalink for this week’s issue: https://weekinethereumnews.com/week-in-ethereum-news-may-30-2021/
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new/changes in bold):
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive it weekly