Eth News and Links
Mainnet execution layer
- Latest core devs call. Notes from Tim Beiko
- London EIPs: EIP1559: Fee market change, EIP3198: BASEFEE opcode, EIP3554: Difficulty Bomb Delay to December, EIP3529: Reduction in gas refunds, EIP3541: Reject new contracts starting with 0xEF
- JSON RPC to use same naming as EIP1559
- Baikal – London devnet for devs to experiment with London until the testnet fork dates
- London blocks/dates: Ropsten: 10399301 (June 9), Goerli: 4979794 (June 16), Rinkeby: 8813188 (June 23), mainnet aim is July 14
- Block access list
- Core dev apprenticeship program, an effort by Piper Merriam to find and train more core devs
- EIP3554: Difficulty Bomb Delay to December 1st 2021
- ERC3569: Sealed NFT Metadata
- ERC3561: Trust Minimized Upgradeability Proxy
Proof of stake consensus layer
- Huge milestone on the way to turning off PoW: Nocturne testnet successfully launched with 12 combinations of consensus and mainnet clients. It’s processing transactions and reaching finality.
- Latest merge implementers call; Nocturne is last merge devnet until post London/Altair
- Lighthouse v1.4.0 planned for mid-June: 80% Eth1 call reduction, uses 50% less RAM, Altair support, Doppelganger slashing protection, remote signer and beta Windows support
This newsletter is made possible thanks to Synthetix’s Kwenta!
Trade popular synthetic cryptocurrencies, commodities, forex, and equities, such as TSLA, COIN, and FAANG stocks, without the limits or compromises of a centralized exchange.
Try Kwenta today!
Stuff for developers
- web3.js v1.3.6 security patch for underscore and bumps versions of ENS and Ethers
- UMA’s Optimistic Oracle via dispute resolution process. Out of beta; no need to use UMA’s financial contracts
- Gnosis Safe L2/sidechain rollout plan so you can secure DAO treasuries and privileged smart contract functions such as upgrades on L2/sidechains
- Alchemy Transfer API to access historical Eth, ERC20 and ERC721 transfers in single call
Want your job listing here? $345 per line (~75 character limit including spaces), payable in ETH (or 345 DAI or 345 USDC) to abcoathup.eth. Questions? abcoathup at-gmail
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum News,” then please put it on an Ethereum subreddit; emails/DMs are not part of the workflow.
Please click the following if you’re interested in sponsoring the newsletter.
Permalink for this week’s issue: https://weekinethereumnews.com/week-in-ethereum-news-may-16-2021/
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new/changes in bold):
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive it weekly