Eth News and Links
Mainnet execution layer
- ERC3440: NFT editions standard
- EIP3520: transactions destination opcode
- EIP3529: No SELFDESTRUCT refunds, reduce SSTORE refunds, add a max refund per transaction of 20% of gas used
- EIP3521: Reduce access list cost
Proof of stake consensus layer
- Celer’s layer2 finance is live: transfer your DAI, USDC, USDT or BUSD to Celer’s optimistic rollup and then you can deposit gas-free to Aave, Compound or Curve
- StarkEx’s oracle price feed
- Scalar: Connext’s state channel microtransactions powering TheGraph
This newsletter is made possible thanks to Celer!
Layer2.finance tackles the two biggest challenges preventing DeFi from reaching mass adoption: the extraordinarily high transaction fees and being very difficult to navigate and use. Layer2.finance is a novel solution that allows people to access all existing DeFi protocols at a fraction of the cost by acting like a “DeFi Public Transportation System”. With Celer’s advanced layer-2 rollup technology, multiple people split the cost of individual layer1DeFi transactions in a completely trust-free and non-custodial way.
Users can use Aave, Compound and Curve now completely for free via layer2.finance.
Stuff for developers
Want your job listing here? $345 per line (~75 character limit including spaces), payable in ETH (or 345 DAI or 345 USDC) to evan.ethereum.eth. Questions? thecryptonewspodcast at-gmail
If you’re wondering “why didn’t my post make it into Week in Ethereum News,” then please put it on an Ethereum subreddit; emails/DMs are not part of my workflow.
Please click the following if you’re interested in sponsoring the newsletter.
Permalink for this week’s issue:
Dates of Note
Upcoming dates of note (new/changes in bold):
Did you get forwarded this newsletter? Sign up to receive it weekly